Packing list for desert camp
What to pack depends on what time of the year you are travelling.
From April to September the weather is warm during days and nights and it is not necessary with warm clothes.
From October/November to February/March the evenings and nights are colder and you need long-armed sweater and jacket and trousers/jogging pants. Bring some warm wool for nights in December and January.
Here is a list of useful things to pack:
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat/cap to protect head (nomad turbans can be bought)
- Antibac, paper napkins, toiletries, own medicines
- Loose clothes, underwear, t-shirts, shorts, sweater/fleece jacket/trousers for evenings – according to time of year
- Swimwear for swimming in the hotel pool (if any) on the way to the desert
- Sandals, slippers, sneakers, comfortable shoes
- Sand tight plastic bags for mobile and camera – in case of wind
- Small flashlight
- Shower towel
The sleeping tents in the desert camps are equipped with comfortable beds with sheets and blankets.
The Desert Candles camp in Erg Chegaga has lights inside and outside the tents. It is possible to charge your mobile and camera in the restaurant tent.