What to pack for your desert trip?
It all depends on what time of the year you are travelling.
From April to September the days and nights are warm and it is not necessary with warm clothes.
From October/November to February/March the evenings and nights are colder and you need long-armed sweater, jacket and trousers/jogging pants. Bring some warm wool for nights in December, January and February.
Use warm clothes for the trip over the Atlas mountains during the winter months.
Here is a list of useful things to pack:
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat/cap to protect head from sun (traditional nomad turbans can be bought)
- Loose and comfortable clothes, t-shirts, shorts. Sweater, fleece, jacket, trousers for evenings – adjusted to time of year. Note: It is not comfortable to ride a camel in short shorts. We recommend trousers or long shorts for this activity.
- Swimwear for swimming in the hotel pool (if any) on the way to the desert
- Sandals, slippers, sneakers, comfortable shoes
- Sand tight plastic bags for your camera – in case of wind
- Shower towel
- Antibac, paper napkins, toiletries, own medicines
The sleeping tents are equipped with comfortable beds, sheets and warm blankets.
Our camp in Erg Chegaga has light inside and outside the tents and a wall-to-wall carpet on the floors. It is possible to charge your mobile and camera in the restaurant tent.